SIKHLIFE: Night in ICU

SIKHLIFE

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Night in ICU

Death - seems so forgettable
Guru, Gurbani, God - all of 'em.

--------------------------------------

Bodies flung out in sedative dizz,
helplessly fetter'd
mesh of wires, tubes oozing, curves of life amiss.

A life so fluid, so bare
blood'n'glucose, sustaining a chill stare.

I have never seen life lying, so stark
the pearl encased in plethora masks.

Unblinking she stares me blank
denying me my covering - worldly chaff
making me feel naked, a bit hollow, a bit blank.

Bodies seemed so stony, eyes so distant
they spoke of dreams, of laments, of pain -
amidst silence, room imploded with 'death', every moment.


A lady in ‘er teens, tied in snaky tubes, stung by needles,
unsatisfied by justice of gods,
stealing from her her dreams, her dolls.

(still helplessly the heart pumped -
she day-dreamed of her girlish needs, unspoken quest for her love,
pleasure of her first kiss,
coziness of family, embrace of her man, scolding her unborn children,
forced to awake 'now' by docs round,
smiling at doc - amazed at her own courage'n'stupidity in misleading 'erself)

6 Comments:

Blogger anandi said...

Hey Dude!
thanks for dropping by..
I m upto the task..
And delving into the oceans of Nothing and Abundance.
Wait for the magic to happen!
:-)

Friday, December 21, 2007 6:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear poet, I'm a new blogger, I'm a practicing poet, miles behind, But I'm Greek!
I loved your lines, the few I've read so far. I'll be back often.
Pls visit my blog to give me your opinion on my englsh poems. (www.tsiailisworld.blogspot.com)

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:48:00 AM  
Blogger tsiailisworld said...

you sound very aenigmatic, should you?

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger tsiailisworld said...

:)

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nebula said...

Needless to say, you have described the pain of life again.. beautifully !

Sunday, February 24, 2008 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow this is beautiful and yes Sikhi is a constant battle indeed. You have a gift, thank you for sharing. Feel free to visit me at sikhstray.wordpress.com

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home